I have been using and abusing Google SketchUp for a while now and would like to share my experience with the Node community. SketchUp is a 3D modeling application for Windows and Mac. The free version has everything you need to design, save, and share 3D things.
I propose leading a one evening workshop at the Node in late October or early November for up to 12 people. Participants would need to bring a laptop and there would probably be a small fee for non-members.
Topics would include:
- Navigating 3d space
- Building geometry and extruding forms
- Importing 3d models from Google’s 3d warehouse
- Sharing your models with the world
- Integration with google earth
- Exporting models to meatspace (laser cutting)
Does this sound interesting? Drop a comment or join us on our discussion list.